Adolescents between 12 and 15 years are offered the corona vaccine.
Adolescents between 12 and 15 years can be vaccinated with both one and two doses, if they and their parents wish.
The 1st dose will reduce the already low risk of a serious course from covid-19 illness. The 2nd dose may also be beneficial, but the additional effect is limited due to a lowered risk of serious illness after the 1st vaccine dose.
The 2nd dose is particularly relevant for people who have chronic diseases, has close contact with exposed and vulnerable persons, or is going to stay in or travel to countries that require two doses in the international corona certificate for this age group (does not apply to all countries).
If the 2nd dose is given, it is recommended to wait for an interval of 12 weeks or longer after the 1st dose or after having undergone covid-19 illness. This is to reduce the risk of side effects.
Who is offered the 2nd dose?
- Adolescents who are unvaccinated, but who have undergone covid-19 disease, can be offered the 1st dose.
- Adolescents who have received the 1st dose, and who have undergone covid-19 at least 3 weeks after they’ve got the vaccine, will in general not be offered the 2nd dose.
- Adolescents who have received the 1st dose at least 12 weeks ago, can be offered the 2nd dose.
For children under the age of 16 who are offered the coronavirus vaccine, parents must consent to vaccination. In the case of joint parental responsibility, both must consent. Children and adolescents under 16 should be consulted, based on age and maturity and their opinion should be given weight. Vaccination is voluntary.
The consent form can be signed digitally or on paper.
The digital consent form must be signed by both parents before the child shows up for vaccination. You must log in with BankID.
If you do not have a BankID or experience problems with signing digitally, you can download and print a consent form below. The consent form must be signed by both parents and presented on the day of vaccination.
- Consent form English - vaccination of children and adolescents under 16 years
- Consent form in other languages, including Arabic, Dari, Polish, Tigrinja and Somali can be downloaded here.
Book an appointment
It is possible to book an appointment online for doses 1 and 2. Log in with BankID. The minimum interval between doses is 12 weeks. For dose 2, parent need to sign a new consent form.
Do you have questions?
Please call Bærum vaccine centre on 67 50 59 99 (option 1).